nfs, Redhat 6.2, "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refuse"

nfs, Redhat 6.2, "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refuse"

Post by Berthold Mar » Fri, 18 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have just a problem with NFS. I try to exports (and mount from another
machine) the root directory ("/") on a redhat 6.2 system. It a private
network with no connection to the rest of the world (I have no security
problems).

The exports looks fine but when I try to mount it from a another machine
I receive the message : "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno =
Connection refuse" !!!
I have a old serveur on my ntwork who is running Redhat 5.1 a my method
work fine, so what a change in NFS from redhat 5.1 to 6.2 ?

I try to exports from a machine called "richebourg" (RH 6.2) and I try
to mount it from a machine named "corton" (also RH 6.2).

Here are some of my config files:

From richebourg, the export file:

/               (rw)
/mnt/cdrom/     (ro)
/mnt/dvd/       (ro)

From richebourg, the hosts.equiv file:

corton
volnay
bourgogne
richebourg

From richebourg, the hosts.allow file:

#
# hosts.allow   This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#               allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#

ALL: ALL

The portmap deamon is running on richebourg:

    6 ?        SW<    0:00 [mdrecoveryd]
  348 ?        S      0:00 portmap
  363 ?        SW     0:00 [lockd]

When I try to mount from corton here what happen:

mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

And when I try to see what is export from richebourg:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

Can somebody help me, Have someone see encounter this problem or where
make I a stupid mistake ?

Thanks for helping and sorry for the bad english !!! :-(

Marc Berthold

--
#include <standard.disclaimer>

Berthold Marc, Neuchatel, Switzerland

Go, my friends, be programmers and multiply...

nfs, Redhat 6.2, "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refuse"

Post by Steve Housem » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have a nfs checklist at

http://freespace.*.net/steve.houseman/nfschecklist

At some point the nfs stuff (inc the portmapper) had the
tcp wrapper protection added so that although it runs as
a daemon it uses /etc/hosts.allow etc
man 5 hosts_access .

I would use rpcinfo to see what servers are available from the
portmapper (and also see if you can access it).

Hope you fix it soon,

Steve Houseman

--

currently  steve.houseman at * net

nfs, Redhat 6.2, "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refuse"

Post by Lee J. Weine » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Do a
    rpcinfo -m
on richebourg and see if the mountd and nfsd services are running.  If not,
start them with
    rpc.mountd
    rpc.nfsd
and see if you can mount the exported directory.

Lee Weiner
lweiner3 AT home DOT com

> Hello,

> I have just a problem with NFS. I try to exports (and mount from another
> machine) the root directory ("/") on a redhat 6.2 system. It a private
> network with no connection to the rest of the world (I have no security
> problems).

> The exports looks fine but when I try to mount it from a another machine
> I receive the message : "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno =
> Connection refuse" !!!
> I have a old serveur on my ntwork who is running Redhat 5.1 a my method
> work fine, so what a change in NFS from redhat 5.1 to 6.2 ?

> I try to exports from a machine called "richebourg" (RH 6.2) and I try
> to mount it from a machine named "corton" (also RH 6.2).

> Here are some of my config files:

> From richebourg, the export file:

> /               (rw)
> /mnt/cdrom/     (ro)
> /mnt/dvd/       (ro)

> From richebourg, the hosts.equiv file:

> corton
> volnay
> bourgogne
> richebourg

> From richebourg, the hosts.allow file:

> #
> # hosts.allow   This file describes the names of the hosts which are
> #               allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
> #               by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
> #

> ALL: ALL

> The portmap deamon is running on richebourg:

>     6 ?        SW<    0:00 [mdrecoveryd]
>   348 ?        S      0:00 portmap
>   363 ?        SW     0:00 [lockd]

> When I try to mount from corton here what happen:

> mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

> And when I try to see what is export from richebourg:

> mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

> Can somebody help me, Have someone see encounter this problem or where
> make I a stupid mistake ?

> Thanks for helping and sorry for the bad english !!! :-(

> Marc Berthold

> --
> #include <standard.disclaimer>

> Berthold Marc, Neuchatel, Switzerland

> Go, my friends, be programmers and multiply...

1. nfs error: mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

Hi,
        I've got two networked systems, both running 2.4 kernels (NFS server is
running RH7.2) and (nfs-client is RH7.1). As far as I can see I've set
up both ends according to the HOWTO, and required daemons seem to be
running OK, the server exports the directory I'm trying to mount,
permissions are OK - hosts.allow and .deny are set up to allow my client
system into the server, etc. all kosher looking.

        But when I try to mount I get the error message:

                "mount: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused"

I'm not sure whether it will be relevant that the server end is running
ext3 file system, and the client end is ext2.

        Can anyone point out where the error of my ways may lie? (I just *know*
I'm going to have egg on my face here :)

thanks
rde

2. missing library

3. mount: RPC: Unable to receive: errno=connection refused.

4. RedHat: Shell Scripts not executing

5. nfs: RPC Unable to receive; errno=Connection refused

6. Maximum number of processes for a user

7. RPC: Unable to receive; errno= Connection refused

8. Moving NIS master

9. do_ypcall: clnt_call: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

10. RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

11. NFS mount: "Connection refused"

12. SSH to/from localhost works but ssh from remote fails (receives "Connection refused")