Linksys WKUSB54GS cannot associate with access point problem

Linksys WKUSB54GS cannot associate with access point problem

Post by jrefact.. » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:01:46

I just bought Linksys WKUSB54GS (Wireless-G USB Kit with SpeedBooster),
which includes

WUSB54GS 802.11g Wireless USB Network Adapter With Speedbooster
WRT54GS Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster

I thought Linksys brand should be good router and adapter. However, it
always have error "cannot associate with the access point" or
"associates with access point, cannot find internet" error messages.

Do you have some ideas whats going on? Should I change another wireless
router? Any suggestions? or good wireless router/adapter?
please advise.

thanks!!

Linksys WKUSB54GS cannot associate with access point problem

Post by www.BradReese.Co » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:35:00

You may wish to investigate the Linksys Knowledge Base and Linksys Live
24-Hour Support Help Desk:

http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-tac-contacts-worldwide.htm#LINKSYS

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#EXPERTS
1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272

1. wlan - associate with Access Point

I have a notebook computer with a pcmcia wlan card. I use Redhat 7.3
and the kernel-wlan-ng drivers.

I have problems "connecting" to access points - in fact I don't have
any idea how to do it. I have used a sniffer (Wellenreiter) to check
if there are reachable access points that I can try, and it shows
several (legal ones, a public open network and a caf).

However I have no idea of how to associate with them. I have tried to
change the DesiredSSID in the /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts to the ESSID
that I get from Wellenreiter, but it doesn't seem to work. Lamp on
card still blinking, and it seems that I get no address via dhcp.

Do anyone know how to debug things? I would like to know why the wlan
don't associate, and why I don't get an IP address via dhcp, but where
do I look?

Also, do I have to change the DesiredSSID in the
/etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts and restart the card everytime I want to try
to associate with another access point, or are there easier ways?

I need this to work before going off to an exhibit where they have
several wlans so all help is appreciated!
 Eric

2. zip, samba & automount

3. Can't associate wlan card with WPA enabled access-point.

4. sanitize TLS API

5. Linksys Wireless Cable/DSL Access Point + 4 Port Switch

6. dm devfs fix

7. Linksys wireless access point networked with IPtables linux firewall

8. In built Firewall, AOL and WINMX?

9. linksys wireless access point

10. RH 7.3 and Linksys WPC11 Wont see Access Point

11. SNMP on Wireless Access Point Linksys WRT54G

12. cannot ping WLan access point

13. cannot access internet via NIC / Linksys EtherFast Router