Network Analyser for IPX Network?

Post by Al Ofu » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hello all,
    can anyone help me? I recently had a problem with a large IPX LAN.
Machines where data storming, running the wrong protocols, frames etc...
    So does anyone know of any software out there that can analyse a network
(packet sniffer, traffic monitor), but it must be able to work with IPX as
well as other protocols? Or if someone can tell me how to use existing
software that comes with Linux to analyse an IPX network I'll be very
grateful.
Thanks
Al

Network Analyser for IPX Network?

Post by Mark Pric » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Netmon as shipped with NT Server, and Network Associates Sniffer Pro
product.

Mark.

Network Analyser for IPX Network?

Post by Frank Pinzi » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

http://www-serra.unipi.it/~ntop/

ntop is a free linux utility for monitoring network traffic:  TCP/IP,
IPX, etc.

--

Sheridan College                (905) 845-9430 x2194
Network Systems Group

1. suggest network analyzer for total network newbie?

Developer - know nothing about networking, except that our internet
access provider tells us our traffic occasionally spikes to some very
high level - maxing out our connection - which some people in the
office sometimes notice.  I need to find out which PC/device the
traffic is coming from and stop it.

The machine which I would prefer to run any monitoring software from is
Linux, with a `uname` providing:
Linux [my_hostname] 2.6.1-1.65smp #1 SMP Fri Jan 30 17:50:02 EST 2004
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Looking for something that will help me figure this out.  Any suggested
tools?

Thanks.

2. Compiling on Solaris: where are setenv, dirfd, etc?

3. Hardware: IPX: Network Collision (Help with turning off IPX)

4. HP NetServer LH Pro

5. IPX: Network Collision error (How can I turn off IPX)

6. ATI Mach64 - Bedrock[?] chipset & EISA[?] detected!.

7. New WebTrends Log Analyzer, Proxy Analyzer & Link Analyzer is now available

8. Help-(another stranded sole) Video!!!

9. Network-to-network PPP with same network portion of IP address

10. How to use fwtk on linux with dual-network (Private Network + Network class C)

11. Solaris network analyzer

12. Any good network analyzer?

13. Solaris network analyzer