BBS ANSI Graphics and telnet?

Post by scanman_94 » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:35:02

I'm looking for a telnet client that can correctly display ANSI.  I have
Gnone-telnet (latest for Red Hat 7.1) which correctly displays color,
but the old DOS extended ASCII characters do not display right.  I've
tried just about all of the built-in terminal emulators that comes with
it, no luck.

In a nutshell, I'm looking for a Linux telnet client that can do some or
all of the following:

1.  100% CORRECT BBS ANSI terminal emulation (this is must).  I hate
crappy linux telnet bbs emulation!
2. Built-in Zmodem file transfers (like SecureCRT for Windows has)
3. SSH (would be nice)
4. Allows me to maintain bookmarks of my favorite telnet sites (like the
old dialing directories) So far, have not found any client that does
this.
5. Preferably has a nice GUI front-end (GNOME or KDE).

I just can't believe this kind of application does not exist yet, but my
searches on google have not been too fruitful!

Is there a special character set I have to install on linux before the
extended ascii characters will show up?  If so, how do I do this and
where do I get the charset?

Thanks