Controlling external software through the MIB??

Controlling external software through the MIB??

Post by hear.. » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi all-

 I am trying to get a MIB extension to run external code when an SNMP
set or get command is invoked.  Does anyone out there know how to
accomplish this? I was told that it can be done using perl scripts
through a MIB.c (??) , but I am trying to figure out how to actually
accomplish the task.

 Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. hpnp.mib MIB SNMP & SunNet Manager

Hello,

I have troubles to convert the hpnp.mib file from JetAdmin 3.15 into
a SunNet Manager 2.3 schema file :

mib2schema hpnp.mib
  Translating ....
  line #18: syntax error
  last token read was "GdStatusEntry"
  Translation aborted - unable to recover

Thanks for help

---
                        \|/
                        o o
 ___________________oOO_(_)_OOo______________________________________

 System administration       Tel : +41 22 799 1377
 MOTOROLA                    Fax : +41 22 799 1307
 207, route de Ferney
 Case Postale 15
 CH-1218 Grand-Saconnex (Switzerland)

2. Strange printing problem

3. CVS software config control software

4. fsck and the log

5. External DNS doesn't work for Win XP client thru RH 7.2 server!

6. Host Unreachable

7. Installing thru External CD-Rom

8. demo X11 to glorify linux

9. Email external address thru Perl script

10. Installing thru External CD-Rom

11. ? Control NIC's bandwidth-usage thru LINUX??

12. How to pass control data to other process thru stream pipes

13. Sending Files thru MS Internet Control (OCX)