ISDN TA internal cards and drivers support

ISDN TA internal cards and drivers support

Post by Randy L. Selzl » Thu, 09 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I want to fire up ISDN on my Pentium to my local ISP
(which uses Ascend MAX 4000 digital modems) via
Southwestern Bell and 2B+D.

I want to use an internal PC card available now by mail
order in the US, but the question is "which one?".

How do I determine which cards will work with Linux?
Which can be controlled by standard AT commands?
If using AT commands, but not a com port, how do
you address the thing?  Are there other issues, such
as special drivers, non-AT command cards, etc?

I'm avoiding externals ISDN modems because of serial
port UART bottelnecks and compression issues.
I think my ISP supports MP+ for dynamic channel control.
Do any cards support it?

Cards I'm considering...
   $200 Cardinal IDC100i
   $400 3ComImpactIQ
   $400 BitSurfer Pro
   $270 BocaResearch Webglider
   $340 USRobotics Sporter 128 ISDN
   $??? Zyxel Omni TA 128
   $??? Adtran ISU Express

Success or failure stories welcome.

--

Randy Selzler, rm 2A11         |   for rent ...
Amoco Tulsa Technology Center  |   (918)660-3413

Post by Robert Bergfor » Fri, 10 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> How do I determine which cards will work with Linux?
> Which can be controlled by standard AT commands?
> If using AT commands, but not a com port, how do
> you address the thing?  Are there other issues, such
> as special drivers, non-AT command cards, etc?

I have a 'Teles 16.3' ( card, which works fine. The kernel has support
for the teles card, and you need a 'isdn4k-utils-2.0'-package (from
ftp.franken.de) to get the special ISDN dev inodes, and the emulator for
the AT commands.

Find out if it works on your ISDN line.

see

http://www.image.dk/engelsk/teles.html or