Getting Infrared working with Linux and Palm

Getting Infrared working with Linux and Palm

Post by timo rat » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

        Somebody must have done this already...

        I have a RedHat 6.1 distribution and I installed
the IRDA utilities rpm. Is some of the configuration stuff
missing as I can not get the irattach and stuff like that
working without complains about missing ./drivers etc.
scripts? The RPM doesn't seem to put anything in the /etc
as one might think.

        The trick I want to do is to get my PalmV (OS 3.3)
working with the Linux PC via IR - networking. I have managed
to get the IRmate IR210B to send something since the led is
flashing and Palm thinks somebody is "beaming". The connected
state seems to be pretty far away. Having put some hours on it
I'm ready to ask for help:-). Yes, I have read through the IR-HOWTOs
and no, it doesn't seem to be that easy...

        So, if you did this already please send me example scripts!

        regards,

        timo raty