Kingston and Linksys nic problems

Post by tain.. » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to install 2 nics in my Redhat 6.0 box. Link light is on
but can't ping rest of network (network unreacable). Cards are KNE111TX
and LNE100TX. I'm using the tulop module for both cards. This is a home
network for a DSL line.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Kingston KNE110TX NIC problems

I recently decided to set up a home network and bought Kingston's package of 2 10/00 nics and a hub.
While it works fine under Win95 (pnp set it up easily), I'm having troubles getting anywhere in
Linux, where I really want to be.

I recompiled the kernel (2.2.9) to add networking and to look for the tulip drivers. No problem
so far. I then cold booted from the floppy I put the bzImage file on.

Hooray, the boot process saw the card (as of course did the earlier PCI bios routines), and noted the
eth0 entries.

However, right after the partition check, disaster!

-------------- excerpt of messages ------------
attempt to access beyond the end of device
03:04 rw=0 want 2 limit 0

kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:04
----------------- end excerpt -------------

I can reboot from my old kernel with no problem.

I looked at IRQ useage and there were no conflicts, but I am at a loss at what to do next.

Any help out there?

Thanks,

Ollie

|---------------------------|
| Ollie Acheson             |
| Morristown, NJ            |
|---------------------------|

2. Mirror Question??

3. Redhat 8.0 problem accessing internet with Kingston NIC

4. NE2000

5. Problem add 2nd NIC (Linksys EtherFast LNE100TX) to Linux RedHat6.1 Problem

6. tomcat experience

7. Linksys 100 NIC problem. Fix yet?

8. Matrox Productiva

9. Corel Linux & Linksys 10/100 NIC problems

10. LinkSys NIC & Cisco DSL on Linux problems.

11. Problems configuring my Linksys Etherfast NIC.

12. kingston nic

13. Q: Linksys LNE10/100TX NIC with 82c169 problems: Wrong media type?