Footprint size of a TCP/IP connection ?

Post by Mike » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:52:42

Hi All,

I know there isn't a perfectly accurate answer to this question, but I want
to get a feel for the total "cost" of a Linux TCP/IP connection.

By cost, I mean the total amount of resources used in kernel objects etc.
Ideally I'd also like it to be equated to a single amount of "memory" used
for the connection. I suspect that it would have to be (say) at least 500
bytes or so ?

So if any Linux kenel networking gurus have an answer for this or know where
else I could find an answer to this, I'd much apprectiate it !

Mike.

1. How to set the buffer size of TCP/IP connection?

I know that when I writing TCP/IP socket program in C, the system will
allocate a buffer to hold the data to be sent and received, how can I
check the size of this buffer?, how can I change the size of this buffer
also?

2. Solaris Boot CD

3. Sparc 5/Solaris 2.4 TCP/IP Problem with SL/IP connections

4. small browser

5. tcp/ip LAN IPs and dynamic IP ppp connections....

6. HOW to EXTEND SIZE of LINUX partion??????

7. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

8. Universal serial bus

9. SLS X wants tcp/ip, tcp/ip won't compile, what now?