Buffalo WLAN USB Client in linux

Post by Martin Cha » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:44:18

Hi all,

I plan to buy Buffalo USB Client, but I'm not sure it support linux or
not. Does anyone use it with linux?

Regards,
Martin Chan

Post by John » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 23:42:44

> Hi all,

> I plan to buy Buffalo USB Client, but I'm not sure it support linux or
> not. Does anyone use it with linux?

> Regards,
> Martin Chan

Try and see what chipset it uses. This can be found by looking up tech
specs etc. Typically if the chipset is supported, the device will be
supported.

--

John
----------------------------

Buffalo WLAN USB Client in linux

Post by Martin Cha » Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:30:44

Thanks John.

I'm looking for a Senao USB Client too (Which has 200 mW RF power on AP)
If my wireless usb client use "Prism 2" (Senao usb client), it will
support by Linux, same as the PCMCIA interface card?

Martin Chan

Post by John » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:14:20

> Thanks John.

> I'm looking for a Senao USB Client too (Which has 200 mW RF power on AP)
> If my wireless usb client use "Prism 2" (Senao usb client), it will
> support by Linux, same as the PCMCIA interface card?

> Martin Chan

>>> Hi all,

>>> I plan to buy Buffalo USB Client, but I'm not sure it support linux
>>> or not. Does anyone use it with linux?

>>> Regards,
>>> Martin Chan

>> Try and see what chipset it uses. This can be found by looking up tech
>> specs etc. Typically if the chipset is supported, the device will be
>> supported.

I beleive so. However sometimes if the chipset is supported in PCMCIA
mode it may *not* be supported for USB. I would recommend doing some
research on google.

FYI: I use an Atmel chipset based SMC2662.V2 USB device. It works very well.

--

John
----------------------------

1. Problem with Buffalo PCMCIA WLAN card in RadHat 7.3

Hi,

I have been running Mandrake 8.1 with my ThinkPad 600 + Buffalo PCMCIA WLAN
without problem, the WLAN card was detected automagically by Mandrake.  Now
I install Redhat Linux 7.3 onto my ThinkPad, my WLAN card no longer works.
The status light does light up in green but I get network unreachable when
pinging other workstation.  I tried to select wavelan driver in Network
config in Redhat but it still fail... any insight?

Best Regards,
wookie

2. How to configure mouse buttons for cut and paste...........

3. Buffalo USB Wifi and SuSE Linux

4. SHARED MEMORY Problem

5. WUSB11 ver. 2.5 (Prism2), debian, linux-wlan and wlan.agent

6. procmail

7. DSE (XH8227) USB 2.0 WLAN 802.11g on Linux

8. Linux is slower than Wingate

9. help: X-Micro WLAN 11b USB Adapter (Linux driver, performance, durability, etc)

10. Issues with wlan and usb

11. PCMCIA -> USB -> wlan/cam/bluetooth IMPOSSIBLE ?

12. Well supported USB Wlan Stick

13. help: x-micro USB WLAN adapter