IP masq ftp's hang at 100 percent a possible solution

IP masq ftp's hang at 100 percent a possible solution

Post by Russ Hugul » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I was looking for a solution to the problem of ftp's* at %100 ot
pretty close.  I came across some things about MTU path discovery
causing some problems for trumpet winsock and Open transport.  So I
check yahoo and there was some talk about it but the link was dead.
I disabled the path discovery on a win95 machine behind the router and
did not get any hangs in a few downloads.

I was just wondering if anyone has found that this solves their problem
so I can stop downloading uneeded things trying to get a hang...
--
I've followed you, talked to your neighbors, tapped your phone, and even shot
at you to see how you would react.  From my observations I have come to one

1. IP Masq'd Workstation to connect to IP Masq'd Workstation

I have setup my Linux Box with IPMasq. Everything runs fine from my win box
behind the proxy. Now I just encountered a problem. I have tried to connect
to an ftp server that is behind NAT server which are both on winboxs

------------              -------------                   ------------
        ------------------
|                 |             | IP Masq    |   Internet    |   NAT       |
| Win workstation |
|---------|    FTP                |
|                 |             |   Proxy      |   Internet    |    Win box
|              | server                |
------------              -------------                   -------------
        ------------------

I can't seem to connect to the FTP even when the FTP Client is set to
passive mode. Does anyone know whether there is anything I can do on my side
of the connection such as reconfiguring my Linux Box to fwd properly?

2. Looking for a SunOs4.x Proxy Server

3. IP Masq + Checksum Errors - Possible solution?

4. Rewrite only for not found documents?

5. IP Masq 2.0.28 - Large ftp downloads hang on netscape3/4 NT/Linux

6. kernel panic w/1.3.6..Barfing on HD's

7. Using IP Masq on a non-registered 129.64.100 network

8. Linux on a Jensen (DECpc AXP/150)

9. Feasibility for ip-masq Firewall for 100 users

10. IP Masq & Diald won't hang up modem

11. IP Masq/IP Chains Question (forwarding smtp to 'internal' mail server...)

12. ftp doesn't work w/IP masq

13. IP Masq - Ping & Telnet ok, but HTTP & FTP don't work