1. installing sound card prevents ethernet card detection
I installed Redhat Linux on an old 486 PC and it worked fine. My NE 2000 ISA
ethernet card was detected and configured. I then was able to find an old
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Pro ISA lying around and used the sndconfig
utility with RedHat to set it up. The sound card worked fine but my Ne
2000 ethernet card was no longer detected? The ethernet card was using IRQ
3 and port 0x300 and my sound card was set to IRQ 7 and port 0x220. I was
unable to see any conflicts? I then tried using the kernald program that
comes with RedKat to set up my NE2000 again. It just had a message
'delaying eth0 initialization' during startup.
I got both cards working with Win95 with the Soundcard using I/O 220-22F and
388-38B using IRQ=7 and DMA=1and the NE2000 using 300-31F (I am confused why
win95 does not list an IRQ, but it works?)
Anyway any ideas how to get both cards workinging Linux ... I really would
hate to use Win95 just to have both cards work.
2. Multiple hosts, multiple serve
3. Can't force ethernet card detection
4. DOSEMU Problem: Why is X support so choppy and no graphics?
5. << 2 3c509 ethernet cards detection in Linux >>
7. Accton PCMCIA ethernet card detection
9. TCP/IP- Ethernet Card detection error SIOCSIFADDR
10. Ethernet card detection problems (RH7, SMC EtherPower II PCI (9432))
12. Help: Ethernet card detection
13. 3c509 ethernet card and no-detection problems