Sharing a modem !!!

Post by Theodor Cranendon » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I could use some help !

I would like to share my modem.

I want to connect my modem to the server, which
is running Suse 6.1 and access it from an NT and
another linux box.

can anyone give me some tips howto install and configure
it!

thanks a lot !!!

+------------------------------------+
| Theodor Cranendonk                 |

+------------------------------------+

Sharing a modem !!!

Post by Rick Mille » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I could use some help !

> I would like to share my modem.

> I want to connect my modem to the server, which
> is running Suse 6.1 and access it from an NT and
> another linux box.

[snip]

    I have no experience with this (yet), but you may want to look into
dial-on-demand.  This will supposedly allow other computers on your
network to initiate a connection to your ISP.  As soon as I get my
network setup, I am going to try this.

Sharing a modem !!!

Post by David Crook » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

See the IP Masquerading HOWTO

1. Linux / Win98 file sharing, cable modem sharing

Hi... I have 3 computers...  one with RedHat6...... and two with Windows
98....currently I am sharing my cable modem between the two win98 machines
using WinGate.  Could I do the same thing with the Linux box using WinGate
off the Win98 box? Let me put it this way:

Can I share a modem connection between a Windows machine and a Linux machine
via WinGate?

If not, I am willing to use the Linux box as the primary host....but I don't
know how to configure it to share the connection.  Any ideas, comments,
suggestions, links, etc etc would be greatly appreciated =)

Thanks,

-Dave-

=-=-=

http://tweaking.cjb.net
=-=-=

2. Help! Computer shop in Brussels wanted

3. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12049

4. Help DOSEMUpl35/Sound Blaster 16

5. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12051

6. Linux rebooting for no reason

7. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11558

8. talk program

9. Modem Sharing: Letting a WinME client use the modem in a RH 7.3 box

10. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12058

11. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11508

12. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11530

13. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 11573