> Dear all,
> Our redhat 9 server runs smoothly?M However, recently, the outlook express
> cannot connect to such server to receive email, Anyway, when I test the pop
> server by using telnet "192.168.0.11 110" the server can give
> Trying 192.168.0.10...
> Connected to ns.xx-xx.com (192.168.0.10).
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Connection closed by foreign host.
> It seems not to refuse the request but close the connection immediately.
> tcp 0 0 *:pop3s *:* LISTEN
> tcp 0 0 *:pop2 *:* LISTEN
> tcp 0 0 *:pop3 *:* LISTEN
> Why? Please give me helping hand, thanks.
Difficult if you give so precious little information about your setup.
But in general terms:
- Check the network connection between the client and server.
- In particular check if there are any firewalls/filters active between
or on either of them.
- Check the log of your POP3 server software (whatever it is) for any
traces of your connection attempts and reasons for rejection.
- Run netstat with the -p option to see if the process listening on the
POP3 port is the one you think it is.
- As the problem started recently, find out what (was) changed between
the last time it worked correctly and the first time it didn't work
Please excuse my bad English/German/French/Greek/Cantonese/Klingon/...