NFS: Timed out

Post by Tunde Turne » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I'm sure the answer to my problem is relatively simple.  Could some one
please with the problem I'm having NFS.  Whenever I try to mount a Linux
filesystem from another machine, I keep getting the error
"... RPC: Timed Out."  Make sense to anyone?

Thanks.

NFS: Timed out

Post by Core » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I'm sure the answer to my problem is relatively simple.  Could some one
> please with the problem I'm having NFS.  Whenever I try to mount a Linux
> filesystem from another machine, I keep getting the error
> "... RPC: Timed Out."  Make sense to anyone?

> Thanks.

  Increase the timeo option when mount said filesystem. The default value
is 7tenths of a second -
which is cool for a fast connection, increase to 10 or 13nish and see what
happens, keep increasing untill it stops being a problem.

mount -o timeo=13 remotehost:/dir/path /mnt/dir/path

Also , check out man nfs -- quite helpfull.

Corey

NFS: Timed out

Post by Lene Adamczewski and Mogens Kjae » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm sure the answer to my problem is relatively simple.  Could some one
> please with the problem I'm having NFS.  Whenever I try to mount a Linux
> filesystem from another machine, I keep getting the error
> "... RPC: Timed Out."  Make sense to anyone?

Are you sure that the server NFS software is up and running?

Mogens

--
Lene Adamczewski and Mogens Kj?r
C.F. Richs Vej 101C, 3.tv., 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark

Homepage: http://www2.dk-online.dk/users/lene_adamczewski

1. redhat7.3 nfs server time outs

Hi
Copying files from a standard Unix system to a mounted partician from a
linux pc
takes eternity.

NFS3 server not responding still trying
NFS3 server ok

repeated over and over again.

I've tried with NFS version 2 and have also reduced the wsize to 8k but this
has no effect.

Any ideas?
Steve

2. UPS question.

3. RPC time outs at boot time

4. xcdplayer-2.2 on Solaris?

5. fix VIA Rhine time outs (some)

6. Linux, USR Total Contro and Radius

7. Netscape time-outs

8. Help with reading "dotfile" on login

9. named configuartion in a ppp setup - time outs

10. Socket to SMTP server - periodic time outs

11. SCSI Time Outs? Please Help.

12. Jserv time outs

13. * rwall and shutdown: rpc time-outs *