Need Help! Linux and Scientific Atlanta Modem

Need Help! Linux and Scientific Atlanta Modem

Post by kathlee » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:39:39

I have a dedian linux 2.2 who`s unable to get a IP adresse from the internet
provider (Cable modem), My Win9x and W2k does OK. If I try to get a IP from
a local DHCP it is OK. The is really when it requests an IP via the Modem
itself.

Any idea will be appreciated..

Thanks

Post by Ra » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 05:53:32

>I have a dedian linux 2.2 who`s unable to get a IP adresse from the internet
>provider (Cable modem), My Win9x and W2k does OK. If I try to get a IP from
>a local DHCP it is OK. The is really when it requests an IP via the Modem
>itself.

Try this:
 /etc/init.d/dhcp-client stop
 dhclient -d eth0