LDAP Profile

Post by Rich Bogl » Wed, 16 Jun 2004 04:18:18

I am using Sun Directory server and now have everything running as I need
it.  Is it possible to create an LDAP profile for servers, etc like is used
on a solaris system??

Thanks

1. ldap client profile

Hello,

I'm trying to use profile so to change the way user are identified on
a machine.

I want to use a different attribute than uid. When building profile I
give the mapping for uid :
 -a attributeMap=passwd:uid=myuid
 -a attributeMap=shadow:uid=myuid

But it seems that one mapping is missing. When I look at the log of
the ldap server it looks for sim

(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(uid=ZZZ))" attrs="cn uid uidNumber
gidNumber gecos description homeDirectory loginShell"

Instead of
(&(objectClass=posixAccount)(myuid=ZZZ))" attrs="cn uid uidNumber
gidNumber gecos description homeDirectory loginShell"

I think I'm missing something somewhere....or maybe a full
documentation of what is used as values by the cachemgr

f.g.

2. Universal File Transfer

3. LDAP and web profiles

4. moderators-helpers needed

5. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

6. pls help: system hangs on /bin/sync

7. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

8. md5

9. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

10. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

11. Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

12. LDAP, fnaddr, X.500 to LDAP issues

13. URIs/LDAP/REWRITE -> dispatching request depending on LDAP ATTRIBUTES