Bootptab for Win95-IP-Lookup

Post by Konstantinos Agour » Sun, 15 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm trying to set up /etc/bootptab, so that Win95 gets it's IP-Address
from my Linux-Box. I got the whole thing to work for a Linux-Client. Is the
setup for Win95 different than for Linux to work or do I really need a DHCP-
Server?

Konstantin
--

Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
"Treason, like beauty, lies in the eye of the beholder." Garak

Post by Lewis Peri » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I'm trying to set up /etc/bootptab, so that Win95 gets it's IP-Address
> from my Linux-Box. I got the whole thing to work for a Linux-Client. Is the
> setup for Win95 different than for Linux to work or do I really need a DHCP-
> Server?

No, there's a free Win95 bootp client: <www.interactive.net/~perin/>.
It also works for Windows NT, if that matters.

Cheers, Lew

1. getting win95 shares on win95 machines to map with a login script with samba and win95

Howdy
This may be a win95 question
I have 2 win95 boxes logging into a samba "domain" and running login
scripts
I have the two machines both running login scripts and mapping drives
on the samba server no problem at all
but when u add shares that are on other win95 machines it always
prompts me for a password no matter how many times i log into them
it is driving me nuts
i have already deleted the password files on both 95 machines and
tryied it over it still prompts me for a password but only on the
win95 shares the ones on the samba server go thru no problem and no
prompting
if anyone knows how to do this it would be a great help
Jeff

2. Setting DISPLAY variable automatically

3. IP routing table lookup in FreeBSD..

4. Slackware 2.1 : virtual memory exhausted

5. Unable to find IP address / host name lookup failure with DHCP (dhclient)

6. The pager 'LESS' doesn't know where the screen bottom is

7. IP lookup

8. Video Capture Cards

9. IP address lookup table

10. IP Masquerade & DNS lookup failure

11. How do I lookup a hostname's ip address from a bourne shell script?

12. ip routing table lookups

13. "Could Not Lookup IP Address" and Other Startup Mysteries