all messages the same date and time (fetchmail)

all messages the same date and time (fetchmail)

Post by Denn » Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:39:02

Hi all,

I use fetchmail to get my e-mail. It is delivered to Postfix (with
virus and spam filter). I also use procmail. This works great, but...
When my server is down for a few days, all new mails get the same date
and time (probably because of last header added by postfix). From the
fetchmail FAQ:

---
O10. Why is the received date on all my messages the same?

This is a design choice in your MTA, not fetchmail. It's taking the
received date from the last Received header.
---

Is there a solution (using postfix or procmail) to correct this
problem, because I think more people have this problem. (For example
remove the last header added by postfix).

Best regards,

Dennis

1. date/time of a file compare with current date/time

Hi,

I hope i can drop my question about Linux shell programming here?

I'm writing a script in bash to find files. I'm using the slocate
programm, which is being runned every hour using a cron job, to create
it's database.

Now i want to know how long it is ago that the database has been
recreated. Zo i need to check the date and time from that file and
compare it with the current date and time. I know there must be easy to
do but i can't find the trick to do it.

Maikel van Gorkom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. For all us newbies...

3. run time date and syslog date/time conflict

4. How to enlargen partition ?

5. fetchmail oddity - only fetching a few messages at a time

6. AIX Security Checklist

7. date and time message...

8. eMachines T3092. Success with any flavor on linux?

9. System date and file dates not showing in same time zone

10. Archiving files in "date folders" based on date and time file generated

11. Epoch time - Date Time in DDMMYYHHMISS ( From-To conversion ) using standard utility

12. date reset as UTC from time to time RH6.0

13. How to convert time/date info into unix clock time