Ftpd with gui interface

Post by Ray » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone point me to a ftpd with a GUI? I really want to be able to
monitor user activity and stats. I am used to using warftpd under NT but
have moved to Linux..

Thanks
Ray

Ftpd with gui interface

Post by Mike Jackso » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Try wxftp, you should be able to find a link on freshmeat.net.

> Can anyone point me to a ftpd with a GUI? I really want to be able to
> monitor user activity and stats. I am used to using warftpd under NT but
> have moved to Linux..

> Thanks
> Ray

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson

Ftpd with gui interface

Post by Joel Sloa » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Can anyone point me to a ftpd with a GUI? I really want to be able to
> monitor user activity and stats. I am used to using warftpd under NT but
> have moved to Linux..

There are a number of GUI ftp clients for Linux, but system daemons are
detatched processes -
Not only is there no GUI, there is not even an associated terminal...

Sounds like you might want to "tail -f /var/log/xferlog", and/or look at
netstat and lastlog...

jjs

1. wu-ftpd gui access problem

I've just gotten wu-ftpd V 2.4.1 running under AIX v 3.2.5 on an RS/6000 Model C10.
It's working just as I expect for text based ftp clients.
The graphical ftp clients work fine for anonymous ftp and for users with accounts
that are not members of wu-ftpd guestgroups.

However, users with accounts that are members of wu-ftpd guestgroups that use
graphical clients can't see any of the files in their login directory.  They
can upload... but of course they can't download because the client reports
that there are no files in the current directory.  If they know the name of
a subdirectory off of their login directory, they can change into it and
change back to their login directory.  Their login directory is set to a false
root by the way and I think this has something to do with it.

I've tried chmod 777 and chown... nothing seems to help.

Oddly if they login with a text based ftp client, none of these problems occur.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Scott Winger
UW-Madison, DIvision of Business Services

2. Compaq 386sx 16MHz 84MHD 6MRAM NEC MultiSync 2A

3. How do I bind telnetd (or ftpd) to run only on one interface?

4. Read Only Login

5. GUI interface

6. SideWinder GamePad

7. PROVEN FACT ABOUT GUI'S AND COMMAND LINE INTERFACES!!

8. CL vs. Number 9

9. ACL gui interface

10. gui interfaces, advice?

11. Is there a non-Gui interface for mysql?

12. Not GUI, but TUI (Textual User Interface) ?

13. non gui interface