Macs with IP masquerading

Post by Chris Walke » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have a couple of Macintoshes hooked up to a Linux machine (Debian
1.3.1) as a gateway for IP masquerading.  I'm also using diald.  Now I
have other Linux and Win95/NT machines that work fine, but the Macs
don't seem to like it.  I'm running MacOS 8.0 and 7.5.5.  I know the
link is there because one of the mac runs MkLinux, and the IP masque
works fine under that OS.

Anyone have any insights?

Chris Walker

Complaints can be redirected to /dev/mr_hat.

1. IP Masquerading with IP Address and Mac Address Restrictions

Hi.

I am setting up a Linux box to run I.P. Masquerading for other machines
on my LAN.  Question is I want to be able to give access to those machines
that
satisfy two prerequisites: The I.P. address the machine has been
assigned must match the mac address of the NIC card.  It's probably
some simple switch in the software I'm not aware of, but I neither have been
able to locate
it in the software or in the HOWTOs.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
B.T.

2. libpanel_applet.so.0 cannot open...

3. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

4. Which is the linux for me?

5. Mac OpenTransport and IP Masquerade

6. Code for command line options

7. IP Masquerading/NAT with MAC address filtering

8. hp deskjet 310 problems

9. Problem with IP masquerading and Macs

10. IP Masquerade & MAC Numbers

11. IP Masquerading works, but does not masquerade from within the local network

12. IP MASQuerading NOT Masquerading?