Windows by Day, Linux by Night

Post by Simone Paddo » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

For whatever reason, a great many Linux and UNIX
users spend a lot more time working with Windows
than they might like, or like to admit.

As Tim O'Reilly says in "Windows by Day, Linux by Night ":
"...because we don't admit to our use of Windows, because
it's a guilty secret, we don't spend the kind of time learning
how to get the most out of the system. We do what we have
to, and then go home, to where we feel more comfortable.
That changed for me a year and a half ago."

Find out why and how at:
http://windows.oreilly.com/news/byday_0500.html

The first 1000 people who read Tim's article get a free book.
Simone Paddock
O'Reilly & Associates

www.oreilly.com

Windows by Day, Linux by Night

Post by Nobod » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Not for developers!

I spent 6 months writing Windows software and another 6 months
debugging the damn things and then Microsoft change the API, DLL
and OS stuff. Even Microsoft is telling MSDN people NOT to use the
latest Visual Studio with Windows 2000 because they haven't fixed
the bug themselves.

That sux!

At least the stuff I now write on Linux won't have that sort of problem
(so far).

> For whatever reason, a great many Linux and UNIX
> users spend a lot more time working with Windows
> than they might like, or like to admit.

> As Tim O'Reilly says in "Windows by Day, Linux by Night ":
> "...because we don't admit to our use of Windows, because
> it's a guilty secret, we don't spend the kind of time learning
> how to get the most out of the system. We do what we have
> to, and then go home, to where we feel more comfortable.
> That changed for me a year and a half ago."

> Find out why and how at:
> http://windows.oreilly.com/news/byday_0500.html

> The first 1000 people who read Tim's article get a free book.
> Simone Paddock
> O'Reilly & Associates

> www.oreilly.com

1. Windows by Day, Linux by Night

For whatever reason, a great many Linux and UNIX
users spend a lot more time working with Windows
than they might like, or like to admit.

As Tim O'Reilly says in "Windows by Day, Linux by Night ":
"...because we don't admit to our use of Windows, because
it's a guilty secret, we don't spend the kind of time learning
how to get the most out of the system. We do what we have
to, and then go home, to where we feel more comfortable.
That changed for me a year and a half ago."

Find out why and how at:
http://windows.oreilly.com/news/byday_0500.html

The first 1000 people who read Tim's article get a free book.
Simone Paddock
O'Reilly & Associates

www.oreilly.com

2. LATEST Version out!

3. Partitions for Linux - How big?

4. How to determine the size of a ramdisk?

5. Crisp editor

6. 1024x768 and montior goes night-night....