pppd appears to stop but is still active

pppd appears to stop but is still active

Post by Moonshine » Wed, 13 Dec 2000 06:01:32

Greetings,

I posted this problem under the subject "Compression seems to be broken"
a couple of days ago.
I will not repeat it here to save bandwidth.  If you feel I should have
included the data posted previously, let me know and I will repost.

I think that Clifford answered it back in June and I just want to make
sure that the problem is with my ISP and not my Linux setup.

It appears to me that compression is shut down but the ISP keeps using
it.  I can still ping everything.  Had a bad address but correcting it
did not make any difference.  I can sometimes keep going for hours but
sometimes only for a few minutes.

If one of the gurus could look at my previous posting and let me know I
would certainly appreciate it.

I have captured most of the data into files that I will gladly send to
anyone who feels the files will help.

Thanks in advance.

If this double posts it is because pppd messed up in the middle of the
send.
--
Moonshiner
NASCAR Fan Go MW #15 TB #66

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Hung processes appear active to system in AIX 4.3

We have users that FTP into our RS/6000 workstation with an assigned
User ID, and transfer file to our server.  At times they lose
connections during these transfers.  When this occurs the connection a
second time, and attempt to transfer the file they were previously
transfer before they lost their connection, but system does not allow
them to because they report the file as being busy.  In essence, it
looks like the system sees the initial connection as an active process,
when it is actually a hung process.  So far, the only way to kill these
processes is manually.  I've reconfigured several system files, looking
for a flag that will tell the system that these are hung processes and
have the system kill them, but have not been successful.  These
processes are not logging any time, and they are also not report as
zombie processes.

I appreciate any ideas any one may have to help resolve this problem.

Thanks

JR

  Jeannette.Rivera.vcf
< 1K Download

2. qt3 and designer

3. XF86 stops after mouse pointer appears

4. my SMTP server?

5. VisionFS 2.01 - how to stop server appearing in every NT domain?

6. BIND 8.1.2 problems

7. pppd does not appear to respond to the mtu/mru options

8. remove inode.i_wait

9. Does pppd-2.4.0 support "active-filter"?

10. checking to see if pppd is active

11. pppd is not accepting active filters!!!!

12. Most useful pppd active-filter string for Linux

13. active-filter for demand pppd?