Pre-alpha Frame Relay driver available for Linux

Post by Jean Louis Ntakp » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: Pre-alpha Frame Relay driver available for Linux
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 95 12:20:31 GMT

A pre-alpha Linux Frame Relay driver is available for the
Sangoma S502 Frame Relay card (a Z80 co-processed ISA card)
via    ftp://ftp.sovereign.org/pub/wan/fr/s502fr.tgz
or     ftp://www.caldera.com/pub/wan/fr/s502fr.tgz
(see   http://www.sovereign.org/   for current info).

The intent is to provide a low-cost Internet access system/gateway.
The Web site mentioned above describes how to use Linux running
on a commodity PC with an inexpensive Frame Relay card and CSU/DSU
to achieve this end.  The system can be used simultaneously
for other useful work.

The hardware (card and CSU/DSU) costs ~$600-$700, and in Utah
the Frame Relay connection cost $375 to install + $80.04/month
(within the state, FR costs are not time/distance sensitive,
unlike ISDN or leased-line).  Internet costs depend on your
provider (I connect through work, 45 miles away).

Possible uses:
        Telecommuting
        Small ISPs
        Education (k12, home, distance learning)
        Business (Home or small/medium)
        Distributed collaborative projects
        Virtual organizations
        Remote consulting

The driver (while still immature) is sufficiently usable
on a 386DX/40 for me to run Usenet News (INN, small feed),
e-mail, an FTP site, a Web-site, a Web browser, and remote
access to work (via X).

Questions, comments, e-mail (after 8/23) to

--

PLEASE remember a short description of the software.

1. Coolscan pre-alpha driver available

Hello
I'm writing a userspace driver for the Nikon coolscan. I have still some problems, but it actually
works. If someone is interessted in testing and helping I will send you the code with email.
Because there is no documentation, you should understand C and lex to use it.
the driver is still pre-alpha. I'm still searching for suggestions for
a standard library for scanners, and a tk User-Interface.

Jochen

Jochen Karrer
http://cip.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~cip307

2. nprint and ladder-effect

3. how can i check the frame relay driver and hdlc driver...

4. Installing from CD controlled by GRAVIS Ultrasound MAX

5. Linux drivers for Sangoma Frame Relay cards

6. CERN: caching, .cache_info file weirdness?

7. [Fwd: HDLC driver: Frame-relay Inverse ARP]

8. rdesktop on Solaris/SPARC

9. Where to get Sangoma Frame Relay drivers

10. Frame Relay Drivers?

11. Coda Filesystem pre-alpha relaase

12. PRE-RELEASE/PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT: NDOS Technical Library Available

13. Frame -relay + linux