ISA Ethernet Card SMC Etherez 8416 not detected by Redhat 5.0

ISA Ethernet Card SMC Etherez 8416 not detected by Redhat 5.0

Post by Robert Demou » Tue, 26 May 1998 04:00:00

What is the driver to install "ISA Ethernet Card SMC Etherez 8416" under
linux (Redhat 5.0) ?

This card is configured on IRQ 10, address 0x280 under Windows 95 and NT
4.0

Can anyone answer this question ?

Thanks

Post by Mark Anda » Wed, 27 May 1998 04:00:00

> What is the driver to install "ISA Ethernet Card SMC Etherez 8416" under
> linux (Redhat 5.0) ?

> This card is configured on IRQ 10, address 0x280 under Windows 95 and NT
> 4.0

> Can anyone answer this question ?

> Thanks

I can't recall what it exactly says but look here
http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/Ethernet-HOWTO.html

That should tell you pretty much everything you need for installing
that card.

Mark Andal

1. NIC card trouble..SMC EtherEZ(8416)

Hi, I am very new to linux and got everything setup and running in 6.0  I
however have a SMC EtherEZ(8416) network card and don't know how to set it
up correctly...the Xconfigurator doesn't detect it and I really don't have
any clue on how to do it through GNOME?!?

I am running RedHat 6.0...any ideas?!??!

I also can't get it to work using isapnp tools...it gives me two errors that
don't like my IO memory specifications...

Thanks in advance,
Steve

2. Linux newbie question

3. SMC 8416 EtherEZ card

4. dd did a lame thing

5. Help with SMC 8416 EtherEZ card

6. how to pause a program?

7. SMC EtherEZ 8416 Cards

8. Detecting symbolic links with readdir on Linux

9. Lan Card SMC EtherEZ 8416 problem !!

10. SMC EtherEZ 8416

11. SMC EtherEZ (8416)??

12. Drivers for SMC EtherEZ 8416