NFS and NetWare

Post by LAN » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

My first problem is with NFS.
I have two boxes running linux. Both have the nfsd mountd and portmap
on, but I get the error message:

mount clntudp_create: RPC: portmapper failure- RPC: Unable to send.

when one machine boots and the error message that RPC something isn't
registered when I try to map it.  I am stumped. The exports files are
correct. I have tried them on other machines.

The second problem is with NetWare...
At work we have a NetWare network. I have the netware client and ipx
stuff loaded on the machine. When I log into the machine it is smooth.
The problem comes when I try to mount a drive. I also noticed that none
of the NDS is mounted on the local drive after log in. Am I supposed to
do something different other that just logging in to get that or is it
supposed to do that auto. The error message that I get when I try to
mount a drive is either unable to find specified network drive or
nwmount: Unable to mount errno ffffffff.

Any suggestions would be appreciated... TIA