HOW TO INSTALL A NETWORK CARD IN LINUX !! ??

Post by ?yvin » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> can someone give me step by step instructions on installing a network card
> in a linux machine (pentium-32mb ram - 4 gb hdd) to be used as a server.

Read the Ethernet-HOWTO...

?yvind

1. NEWBE - Trying to install network card in Linux on win95 network

I'm trying to get my Linux machine on my network of win95 machines. I'm
still in the getting the card to work stage. I know it works in Win95
machines. But I have acouple of problems. 1 ifconfig is saying the card IO
is at 290. When it is at 280 and Linux at boot times detects that. But I
can't change it. I have been using this command. ifconfig eth0 io_addr 280
Is this wrong. Any info on good internet sites would be good. And any info
on what I need to do for further setting up. Would be nice. Please send

Brian

2. SCO 5.0.2 - utmp file - How to remove a user

3. How can I install the sound card and network card

5. Network install of RedHat 6.1 with a PCMCIA Network Card?

6. tcpdump without Terminal

7. Suse 8.1 network install - cannot load network card modules

8. LILO hangs with system commander

9. HOW TO INSTALL A NETWORK CARD IN LINUX !! ??

10. Linux Newbie Installing Network and Sound cards

11. Linux Router Project : How to install network cards ?

12. new to linux - - can't install network card

13. Install RedHat Linux 4.2 Intel did not see network card