email

Post by Giulio Bla » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

Sorry for this trivial request...
My linux email system has crashed... :-( It workd untile a few days
ago. It means I have changed somthing essential without realizing
what I was doing. The logfile says I have error 141, mail deferred,
database not found...etc. Can anybody suggest a "strategy"?

Thanks a lot!

Giulio Blasi (Bologna)

1. E-Mail E-Mail E-Mail

This has been driving me nutty. I decided to setup a small business with
linux as a file/printer/e-mail/internet server (2 offices, about 10 clients
at each)
I can do all of the rest (file,printing, and internet access) but I am
having a hell of a time understanding linux (unix) e-mail. I have searched
countless how to's but just want to know one thing. How do I do the
following:
Allow 2 offices to send and receive e-mail to each other
Allow each office to send and receive e-mail locally (don't go out to the
internet when you want to send something to the guy in the next cube)
Have a dial up connection retrieve e-mail from an internet POP server, and
deliver it a win95 client when the win95 client requests it.
I'm assuming i need sendmail (or qmail), a pop server, and a ppp connection.
DO i need a DNS server or can I just resolve through hosts file?
Can someone please point me to a good source on the subject of e-mail, or
offer some advice.
Thank You

2. nispasswd in a script

3. extract email from text file and send an email to the email address

4. stealth user

5. Active email and news (was Mozilla droppings in email...)

6. Can we switch from Redhat linux to Debian??

7. How to enable SMTP socket to send email to other email system

8. hostname stuff -- Newbie Alert!! (Nomex suit on)

9. Email Problems: Null's before the header of emails

10. Samba/E-Mail server w/E-mail arrival messages. How?

11. whoops forgot to put my e-mail to previous e-mail

12. ANNOUNCE - Beta available - DirectChoice - WWW & Email with no junk email

13. Adding Email Accounts Linux Email Server