Modem volume

Post by Doug Laidla » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:13:47

The volume on my modem is excessive under Windows, even set to 1/3 volume,
and too soft under Linux at full volume.

Can anything be done about this?  Using Mandrake 9 and a D-link conexant
modem.

Doug.

Modem volume

Post by Jem Berke » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:15:19

Quote:> The volume on my modem is excessive under Windows, even set to 1/3
> volume, and too soft under Linux at full volume.

> Can anything be done about this?  Using Mandrake 9 and a D-link
> conexant modem.

Check your init string. Something like ATLx or ATMx usually changes the
volume level, where x is 0 for lowest and higher for higher :)

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.pc-tools.net/