ZyXEL omni.net

Post by Johan Nilsso » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I cant get my ZyXEL omni.net TA to work in RH 5.2.

When I try to connect to my ISP with minicom I only get crap.

Somebody know what to do?

//Johan Nilsson

ZyXEL omni.net

Post by Jürgen Averbec » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I cant get my ZyXEL omni.net TA to work in RH 5.2.

> When I try to connect to my ISP with minicom I only get crap.

How looks the "crap". Imho it seems to be a ppp-sequence?
What do you want: Simple login like mailbox, or a network-link?
Also have a look at the speed of the serial connection between
ZyXEL and computer. Try an other number (perhaps a mailbox) to
see wether the communication modem<->zyxel is correct.

cu,
juergen

DRIVE-Systems (Consulting, Development, InterNetworking Solutions)
http://www.drivenet.de

ZyXEL omni.net

Post by Raymond Doetje » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

It looks like you get a ppp link.
Did you get the oppertunity to enter your username and password? If yes
than what you see is the ppp flow.
If not, that you should try to select a differnt ISDN protocoll. Like
X75, V120 or V110.

You can probably select these by a AT command. But I must say I haven't
used a Zyxel since 6 months what I do know is that it standardly handles
X.75 and that X.75 isn't a ISP standard V120 and HDLC on the other hand
are more common.
But since the Zyxel is a shitty TA it doesn't support HDLC fall down.
That's why I like the ELSA v34/TL It is a V34 and ISDN TA in 1 with HDLC
fall down to X.75 and it is autosensing. Ooooo kewl device

Raymond