Wu-ftpd: Forbid one user from deleting files?

Wu-ftpd: Forbid one user from deleting files?

Post by Frédéric Fau » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I need to forbid one given ftp login account from deleting files/dirs, but allow
them to upload stuff. I read FAQs on playing with /etc/ftpaccess, but so far, no
luck. I could either forbid write access altogether, or the user can still
delete files he uploaded in his ftp home dir.

#Doesn't work
upload /home/ftp/jdoe /* yes root daemon 0444

BTW, this rule must apply only to a specific login account, but leave other ftp
accounts as is.

Any idea?
FF.