kernel mode and user mode comunication

Post by Su Wen » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

hello,everyone:

I want to progame a project which will exchange data between kernel mode and
user mode . I have read much document from internet.I want to get a good way
to finish it. so, any is appreciated !

1. kernel mode to user mode overhead

Does anyone have real world measure mentregarding the cost of making user to
kernel
mode transition? I am evaluating the possibility of porting some of the
fucntion into an FPGA
and would like to assess the performance of speed up from the hardware
implemenation.

Are there any reference out there?

Thanks,

Jimmy

2. Strange C extension

3. Kernel mode vs user mode

4. 6th USENIX Security Symposium

5. Kernel mode to User Mode

6. bar equiv. for Solaris 2.4?

7. Passing data from kernel mode to user mode

8. log file error reading .kde

9. Fastest IPC Mechanism & How to choose b/w User Mode and Kernel Mode

10. User login hangs in graphical mode, not text mode

11. Can't boot into single user mode OR multiuser mode!

12. How to boot in single user mode, the root filesystem mounted in read/WRITE mode

13. Driver performace "Kernel Mode" and "Module Mode"?