3COM 3C905-TX Fast EtherLink XL PCI Card

3COM 3C905-TX Fast EtherLink XL PCI Card

Post by Dennis M. Gra » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am looking for a driver for this card. Running kernel 2.0.30 (Redhat
4.2). Donald Beckworth's site returns a "NOT FOUND" when I try to
download one he says will work. Has anyone had success with this card
under the same configuration.

Regards,

Dennis M. Gray

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

3COM 3C905-TX Fast EtherLink XL PCI Card

Post by David Steube » Mon, 28 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
> I am looking for a driver for this card. Running kernel 2.0.30 (Redhat
> 4.2). Donald Beckworth's site returns a "NOT FOUND" when I try to
> download one he says will work. Has anyone had success with this card
> under the same configuration.

I am using the card on a SuSE 5.3 (2.0.35) machine.  I compiled the
NIC into the kernel.  You may just need to get a new .c file.

What I couldn't do was get two of the NICs to work in the same
machine.  I think this is 3Com's fault, because NT wouldn't have it
either.  I ended up using a 509B ISA card for my second NIC.

3COM 3C905-TX Fast EtherLink XL PCI Card

Post by tmf » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I can't exactly remember what I did, but I remember posting a similar
mail. I downloaded the updated driver, copied the compile instructions at
the bottom of the file and executed the command. Compiled great and worked
straight away.

Good luck
Filip