wu-ftpd or pro-ftpd

Post by Dirk Borche » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hello to all,

I want to install one of those ftpds. Are there pros and cons for each one?

wu-ftpd or pro-ftpd

Post by root » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Not sure about proftpd but i would not use wu-ftpd, try out BeroFTPD it
does ls internally unlike wu-ftpd.
BeroFTPD is based on wuftpd.

ftp://aachen.linux.de/pub/BeroFTPD/

> Hello to all,

> I want to install one of those ftpds. Are there pros and cons for each one?

1. wu-ftpd instead of ftpd

ftpd always craps out - in fact, it no longer seems to function upon
restart, dunno why.  I'm thinking of switching to wu-ftpd, which I
believe I installed the from the ports collection, when I installed this
whole thing.  A whereis wu-ftpd finds it in usr/ports/.... I ran make
install but to no avail, what now?

TIA

Rick

2. can't compile gtk-- on rh5.1?

3. in.ftpd zombie problem with wu-ftpd on RH6

4. Generic server class?

5. FreeBSD ftpd 6.0 vs wu-ftpd 2.4

6. Makefile and libtool

7. Weirdness of solaris ftpd and wu-ftpd

8. Adaptec 2940UW and "device not configured"

9. ftpd default server vs wu-ftpd ?

10. ftpd missing and build wu-ftpd error!

11. wu-ftpd replacement for ftpd

12. ls -l in.ftpd or wu-ftpd ?

13. Wu.ftpd or linux-ftpd?