ppp server problem

Post by digiw.. » Wed, 10 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have setup a dialup ppp server on my redhat6 box. When I dial in the
modem connects, but it soon disconnnects. I can use hyperterm on windoze

and get a good connection, but a ppp connection does work. I have setup
the user ppp & have the recommended ppplogin script. The messages file
shows this message:

Nov  9 13:33:55 Leto mgetty[1361]: data dev=modem, pid=1361,
caller='none',
conn ='21600/ARQ/V34/LAPM/V42BIS', name='', cmd='/bin/login',
user='/AutoPPP/'
Nov  9 13:33:55 Leto login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM (null) FOR /AutoPPP/,
User not known to the underlying authentication module

Any help would be appreciated.
--
digiwyrm (aka Mike)

ppp server problem

Post by Bill Unr » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

You need to set up your pap-secrets or chap-secrets file.

/etc/ppp/pap-secrets.

Quote:>Nov  9 13:33:55 Leto login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM (null) FOR /AutoPPP/,
>User not known to the underlying authentication module

1. PPP server problem (LCP problem?)

Hello,

I have problems configuring a PPP server with FreeBSD.
I have a ppp client with user space ppp and FreeBSD 2.2.1
and a ppp server with kernel ppp and FreeBSD 2.2.2
Both machines use a Zyxel Omni TA 128 Modem at /dev/cuaa0

The client works ok and can dial in a Win95 server without
problems. To dial in the FreeBSD server causes some problems.
The problems seems to be with LCP or the modem configuration.

Server:
I use the ppp/options file from the BSD handbook, changed with my domain
and addresses and debug added (crtscts, netmask ..., <ownip>:<remoteip>,
domain ..., passive, modem, debug)
I used kermit with the /etc/ppp/kermit.ans script
(with line /dev/ttyd0 and speed 19200)

I got following messages from the server:
pppd 2.2.0 started by root, uid 0
using interface ppp0
connect:ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyd0
last message repeated 4 times
hangup (SIGHUP)
Modem hangup
Exit

Client:
I have set device /dev/cuaa0, speed 19200 and openmode active.
The AT commands for the modem are ATE1Q0B40
I got following messages from the client:
*Connected
LCP: state change Initial --> Closed
LCP: sendConfigReq
  ACFCOMP
  PROTOCOMP
  ACCMAP[6] 00000000
  MRU [4] 1500
  MAGICNUM [6] 2df3efd5
LCP: state change Closed --> Req-Sent
LCP: Received Configure Reject (1) state = Req-Sent (6)
LCP: RecvConfigReq
  ACCMAP[6] 00000000
  MRU [4] 1500
  MAGICNUM [6] 2df3efd5
<The last for lines are 4 times repeated>
LCP: state change Req-Sent --> Stopped
LCP: Layer Finish
Disconnected!

If I use user space ppp at the server side I got the same
behaviour at the client side but no debug info at the server
side. For a short time the getty V19200 ttyd0 process changes
to login -r ?#{?{ or a similar process and then getty is
started again.
Can anybody tell me what's going wrong or give me any hints,
what I can do?

Many thanks
        Elmar

Elmar Haas, Siemens AG, ZT IK 2, Munich, Germany

2. NFAQ: Do ISA cards cripple EISA performance ?

3. PPP Server problem or modem problem

4. New group for Win bashing...

5. PPP server problem

6. Tool for checking unfree()-ed pointers?

7. PPP Server problem

8. HP Jet Direct failing???

9. PPP-Server Problem

10. Dial up PPP Server problem

11. PPP server problems.

12. ppp server problem with Redhat 7.2 Kernel 2.4.7-10

13. ppp server problem