what software do I need for auto-dial ppp to multiple ppp-servers ?

what software do I need for auto-dial ppp to multiple ppp-servers ?

Post by Kees Kui » Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

What software do I need to do this :

I have a LAN were the Linux box has a modem.
I want the linux to automatically connect to a ppp-server if
  i need it.
At the moment I have 2 ppp-servers I need to connect to. So
basically I have two phonenumbers that have to be dialed
depending on the hostname.

so I want if I give :

Quote:> ping www.kse.nl

I want it to choose the right telephonenumber and make a connection.
The connection has to be disconnected automatically.

The second thing I want is :
In the near future I have a lot more ppp-servers to dial. And I
want 3 modems. I still want to make the connection automatically but
now it has to choose a modem that is not in use !

Anyone any ideas of the software I need ?

Kees.

Post by Thomas Cho » Mon, 27 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> What software do I need to do this :

> I have a LAN were the Linux box has a modem.
> I want the linux to automatically connect to a ppp-server if
>   i need it.
> At the moment I have 2 ppp-servers I need to connect to. So
> basically I have two phonenumbers that have to be dialed
> depending on the hostname.

> so I want if I give :
> > ping www.kse.nl
> I want it to choose the right telephonenumber and make a connection.
> The connection has to be disconnected automatically.

> The second thing I want is :
> In the near future I have a lot more ppp-servers to dial. And I
> want 3 modems. I still want to make the connection automatically but
> now it has to choose a modem that is not in use !

> Anyone any ideas of the software I need ?

> Kees.

you need every serial port to connect modem. if you power on the
computer. it will help you to connect two isp. the setup pls read base
on one modem connect script to add  more line and change i/o port.....