Apache 1.3.3 w/ssl user directory problems in SECURE RH5.2

Apache 1.3.3 w/ssl user directory problems in SECURE RH5.2

Post by Arthur Jovella » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 21:18:00

The main site can be hit fine (ex: site.com/) however the user
directories can not (ex: site.com/~user).
Every time I try to go to the users web pages I get a forbidden error.
It says that I don't have permissiions to look at that file. I have
another 5.2 machine that is not the SSL verion and everything seems to
run fine. Whhat is the problem here?

I have not generated a cirtificate yet or anything like that on the
secure server. The user files are in /home/user/public_html as normal
but I can still only see the main site and not the /~user-space. I tried
to access the userspace with a trailing slash/ too and no luck. Am I
missing something in one of the conf files? I have my DNS name as the
ServerName as usual. What's up here?

Please email me directly.

Thanks for any replies

Art

Apache 1.3.3 w/ssl user directory problems in SECURE RH5.2

Post by Eugene Blanchar » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

set the ~user directory permissions to 755

> The main site can be hit fine (ex: site.com/) however the user
> directories can not (ex: site.com/~user).
> Every time I try to go to the users web pages I get a forbidden error.
> It says that I don't have permissiions to look at that file. I have
> another 5.2 machine that is not the SSL verion and everything seems to
> run fine. Whhat is the problem here?

> I have not generated a cirtificate yet or anything like that on the
> secure server. The user files are in /home/user/public_html as normal
> but I can still only see the main site and not the /~user-space. I tried
> to access the userspace with a trailing slash/ too and no luck. Am I
> missing something in one of the conf files? I have my DNS name as the
> ServerName as usual. What's up here?

> Please email me directly.

> Thanks for any replies

> Art

Apache 1.3.3 w/ssl user directory problems in SECURE RH5.2

Post by <acesa.. » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The chmod 755 on the directory and files does not resolve the problem. I
must add that the other non-secure server that I thought was RH5.2 is
actually a FREEBSD machine. So in short I am having the same user
directory problem with the apache that comes stock with 5.2 and  the 5.2
secure server $100. Did I really have to pay $100 for the secure server
for commercial sales? Is there any place to download it free? Anyways I'm
still having the user directory problem.

Thanks for any responses.

Art

http://www.acesales.com