Problem : PPPD always fail

Post by dbp » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I use pppd to connect to ISP, but ISP always hang me up, here is the
configuration:

pppd.sh :

exec pppd connect \
        'chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chatscript' \
        -detach crtscts ttyS1 defaultroute \
        /dev/ttyS1 38400

/etc/ppp/chatscript :
        CONNECT ""
        TIMEOUT 5
        "name:" dbp
        "word:" xxx

/var/log/messages :
        Username:
        -- got it
        send (dbp^M)
        expect (word:)
        antims^M
        Password:
        -- got it
        send (xxx^M)
        Serial connection established.
        Using interface ppp0
        Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
        peer refused to authenticate
        Connection terminated.
        Exit

(I enter password in script rather than PAP or CHAP)

--
Please replace NOSPAM to HEHE to reply, thank you.

Problem : PPPD always fail

Post by Clifford Ki » Wed, 25 Aug 1999 04:00:00

:         Serial connection established.
:         Using interface ppp0
:         Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS1
:         peer refused to authenticate
:         Connection terminated.
:         Exit

You are asking the peer to authenticate itself to you, unfortunately
very few - if any - do this.  There is either an explicit pppd option
somewhere in it's configuration files requiring this, or you are using
ppp-2.3.9 and have a defaultroute to a LAN set.

You'll need to find and remove the option in the first case.  In the
second case remove the default route to the LAN and replace it with a
network-specific route, if one is not already present.

--

/* Those who can't write, write manuals. */