What's the redhat utility to add network interfaces?

What's the redhat utility to add network interfaces?

Post by grymo.. » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:34:04

I upgraded my Redhat 6 months ago, and ran out of disk space I had to
delete a lot of files to get things to fit..

Now I want to use an Ethernet connection (instead of PPP) and I recall a
network configuration tool that allowed me to define a network
interface, and specify all of the options (Ethernet, DHCP, etc.)

I checked the HOW_TO's and FAQ's on my CD-ROM, but apparently I'm not
looking in the right place.

I've been searching through the /usr/bin /usr/sbin etc. looking for the
name of the program, but it escapes me. And man -k doesn't give
me a clue. Perhaps I deleted it.

What's the name of the utility? And is it in a RPM that I need to load?
 Can someone complete the gap between my ears? :-)

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by Andrei Ivan » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 04:27:54

> I upgraded my Redhat 6 months ago, and ran out of disk space I had to
> delete a lot of files to get things to fit..

> Now I want to use an Ethernet connection (instead of PPP) and I recall a
> network configuration tool that allowed me to define a network
> interface, and specify all of the options (Ethernet, DHCP, etc.)

  # rpm -qf /bin/netconf
  linuxconf-1.17r2-6

--
andrei

1. RedHat 7.1 - Can't Activate Network Interface

I can't activate my NICs from the console. I have to start KDE and run the
network configuration program. Works fine from there.

System one is a parts bin Celeron 300, RealTek/Linksys PCI network cards.
System two is a Dell Inspiron 4000, with an integrated NIC/modem combo.

I've had no problem in RH 6.2 or TurboLinux.

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

Then it gives me the usual:

 Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 02:50:24:B3:23:D9
 UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
 collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
 Interrupt:10 Base address:0x1080

But there's no IP address!

Again, I just go into X and click 'activate' and it magically works.

I've become very anti-7.x lately

2. Vanishing memory?!

3. Redhat 7.1 'eepro100' and 'e100' drivers won't see 10BaseT network

4. eth0 initialization failed......Please Help!

5. where is the GUI utility in RH KDE for adding RPM's?

6. date conversion

7. Adding a network interface after install

8. DHCP not working with new 2.2.1 kernel

9. Adding a second IP to network interface

10. Adding network interface

11. Adding 2nd Network Interface card

12. 'dummy' network interface

13. Add a new logical interface on a physical interface with ioctl()