Linux.org unreachable

Post by Rob van der Putte » Thu, 26 May 2011 21:50:34

Hi there

Not the first time, but it never took so long.
Anyone know what's going on?

Regards,
Rob
--
Wim T. Schippers for president
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand:Universiteit_Twente_Verzonken_To...

Linux.org unreachable

Post by Chris Davie » Fri, 27 May 2011 01:42:09

Quote:> Not the first time, but it never took so long.
> Anyone know what's going on?

Looks like invlogic.com is off the map entirely, and ns0.aitcom.net is
returning server failure on DNS lookups for linux.org. Time for some
(better?) resilience, perhaps.

Chris

Linux.org unreachable

Post by Rob van der Putte » Fri, 27 May 2011 02:43:52

Hi there

> Looks like invlogic.com is off the map entirely, and ns0.aitcom.net is
> returning server failure on DNS lookups for linux.org.

So I noticed.

Quote:> Time for some
> (better?) resilience, perhaps.

Precisely. This isn't the first time they have DNS problems.
Why stick with an unreliable DNS provider?

Regards,
Rob
--
Wim T. Schippers for president
http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bestand:Universiteit_Twente_Verzonken_To...

1. Linux.org, gnome.org and linux.com

I heard that Lnux is more stable, but I pay constant visit (every day) to
these 3 sites, www.linux.com, www.linux.org and www.gnome.org and the
gnotices in the www.gnome.org site, what I get is that these web site
frequently run out of order, time are I can't access this sites very often,
when compared t www.microsoft.com that only out of service for a very rare
basis, I wonder what's wrong with these Linux hosted sites, problem with
bandwidth? I don't know.....

2. obtaining login shell name

3. fvwm.org unreachable

4. vinum root ?

5. passwd.org_dir: NIS+ servers unreachable

6. Linux OS

7. ICMP Destination Unreachable (Host Unreachable) [**] [Solved!!!]

8. Slackware 96

9. Are x.org and xfree86.org dead?

10. Apache.org, themes.org cracked

11. HELP: DNS - *.foo.org OK foo.org BAD

12. opensolaris-discuss-subscribe@opensolaris.org <opensolaris-discuss-subscribe@opensolaris.org>

13. Decommissioning of www4.au.freebsd.org/ftp4.au.freebsd.org