3c589D pcmcia card - /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

3c589D pcmcia card - /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

Post by Gordon McFadde » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hi all.

I've been strugglind to get machine #3
on to my net.  It has a 3c589d pcmcia ether
net card.

I have seen post saying that I needed to modify
the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts file.  OK.

But when I went looking for a sample (kinda
to get a vague idea of what was supposed to
be in there) I could nothing.

Can some one post, or send a pointer to,
an instance of this file.

Thanks,

Gord

3c589D pcmcia card - /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

Post by Gordon McFadde » Mon, 08 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Hi all.

> I've been strugglind to get machine #3
> on to my net.  It has a 3c589d pcmcia ether
> net card.

> I have seen post saying that I needed to modify
> the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts file.  OK.

> But when I went looking for a sample (kinda
> to get a vague idea of what was supposed to
> be in there) I could nothing.

> Can some one post, or send a pointer to,
> an instance of this file.

> Thanks,

> Gord

OK.

(http://www.cs.auc.dk/~voop/thinkpad/index.html) I go
it figured out.  The problem was the interupt the
card was using.

Thanks.

Gord

1. PCMCIA Grey Cell Network Card and PCMCIA Modem don't work together

Can anyone offer any help with the following problem.

I have a system running Redhat Linux 6.0. It is currently set up with a Grey
Cell Ethernet Gold II PCMCIA Card which is a network only card. I am now
trying to set the machine up to be able to use a modem. So far I have tried
two PCMCIA modems (the Xircom CreditCard Ethernet + Modem II and the Psion
Dacom Gold Card Global 56K V.90), with the same result. With the modem as
the only device plugged in, it works fine and can connect to my ISP without
any problems. When I have the network card plugged in as well as the modem,
the modem no longer works. When testing using minicom, I have been unable to
get any sort of response from the modem.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I would be grateful for any
suggestions that might help me solve the problem.

Thank you

Philip Ross

(If replying by email, remove the '*'s from my email address)

2. popen() problems

3. 3COM Etherlink III 10BaseT PCMCIA Card Model 3C589D installation in Mandrake 7.0 helps need

4. driver for Alcatel PC-NIC

5. How to get 3Com 3C589D PCMCIA III Ethernet card working

6. What Image did I run?

7. Solution for 3COM 3C589D PCMCIA Ethernet card problem

8. free vt100 emu for MSDOS ?

9. Problems w/ 3COM Etherlink 3C589D PCMCIA Card

10. Help with 3c589D/PCMCIA EtherLink III Card

11. 3com 3c589d pcmcia card

12. FreeBSD 2.2.2 and 3C589D PCMCIA Ethernet Card

13. Problem using SlimSCSI and 3C589D PCMCIA cards at the same time