Netscape Enterprise Server for Linux?

Post by Camero » Sat, 18 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quick newbie question here.

I have tried a couple of different web servers for Linux now and was
wondering if someone had successfully gotten Netscape's Enterprise
Server to run on Linux and if so, how? (what version did you obtain, and
did you have to use any special configs?)

Thanks,

Cameron.

Netscape Enterprise Server for Linux?

Post by Michael Nelso » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:

> I have tried a couple of different web servers for Linux now and was
> wondering if someone had successfully gotten Netscape's Enterprise
> Server to run on Linux and if so, how? (what version did you obtain, and
> did you have to use any special configs?)

It'll never happen.  Forget it.

Michael

  "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want
   to achieve immortality by not dying."         - Woody Allen

Post by Duncan Simps » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>[Posted and mailed]

>> I have tried a couple of different web servers for Linux now and was
>> wondering if someone had successfully gotten Netscape's Enterprise
>> Server to run on Linux and if so, how? (what version did you obtain, and
>> did you have to use any special configs?)

If you want a secure web server go for Apache-SSL (certificates are
supplied by Thawte consulting if you want one). POP 3, IMAP 4, SMTP,
etc are all handled by various daemons that are free and widelt
avialable.

Duncan (-:

Post by William E. Hennin » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> If you want a secure web server go for Apache-SSL (certificates are
> supplied by Thawte consulting if you want one). POP 3, IMAP 4, SMTP,
> etc are all handled by various daemons that are free and widelt
> avialable.

One potential problem: Apparently the RSA algorithm is patented
in the U.S., and this *may* effect Canadian users of Apache-SSL.

Does anyone KNOW weather a licence fee to RSAInc. is required for
Canadian users of Apache-SSL?

Bill