problem with telnet/ftp

Post by Frits Hooglan » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Help!

I have a local lan with a win95 client, a winnt4.0 client and a rh5.0
server. I've bought a new harddrive for my rh server, and installed
rh5.0 again with my cd.

Now when I telnet from both 95 and nt, the harddrive on the rh server
reacts one moment, but the screen on 95/nt stays white. After 1-2 mins.
the normal text appears on the telnet window, and I can start working on

the rh server.

When I ftp from both 95/nt, I execute 'ftp 130.48.3.21', the message
'connected to 130.48.3.21' immediately appears but it again takes the
1-2 mins. to get the "220" message indicating to login on my screen.

Now I've installed oracle8 on my linux pc. When I run sqlplus on my nt
machine I get instantly access to my linux pc-oracle db. SQL*Net runs on
tcp/ip. So no ip problem?

What have I adjusted wrong? What must I do? Where to look? Anyone faced
the same problems?

Please help!!!!

RH5.0 on a P90 with 24 mb memory.
3Com 590 pci network card. connecting via utp cable and hub.
ip address 130.48.3.21
network mask: 255.255.0.0
in the control panel I've added the winnt machine (130.48.3.10)

Winnt on a P2 333 with 64 mb memory
Onboard digital ethernet adapter. connecting via utp cable and hub.
ip address 130.48.3.10
network mask: 255.255.0.0

Thanks in advantage!!

Frits Hoogland,

email:

problem with telnet/ftp

Post by Jeffrey Altm » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

: Help!
:
: I have a local lan with a win95 client, a winnt4.0 client and a rh5.0
: server. I've bought a new harddrive for my rh server, and installed
: rh5.0 again with my cd.
:
: Now when I telnet from both 95 and nt, the harddrive on the rh server
: reacts one moment, but the screen on 95/nt stays white. After 1-2 mins.
: the normal text appears on the telnet window, and I can start working on
:
: the rh server.
:
: When I ftp from both 95/nt, I execute 'ftp 130.48.3.21', the message
: 'connected to 130.48.3.21' immediately appears but it again takes the
: 1-2 mins. to get the "220" message indicating to login on my screen.
:
Check to make sure that you have valid entries for your DNS.

    Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
              612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025

1. Problem in Telnet, FTP, etc. from Windows to Linux

hi,
i've configured a Red Hat 7.1 based Linux box on an existing Windows
network. I'm able to ping any machine on the network from any other machine
including Linux one.
I'm also able to do Telnet and FTP on Linux machine itself. But when I try
to do the same from Windows m/c, it doesn't connect.
Although I've configured Samba (with proper user accounts created), I'm not
able to see Linux m/c in Network Neighbourhood of any Win m/c.
I've tried LinNeighbourhood software, and it successfully shows Windows m/cs
and mounts them on Linux, but vise versa is not possible.

Please help.

2. syslog api

3. Problem with Telnet, FTP to machine in LAN

4. Xconfig

5. Problems with telnet/ftp, ok with ping

6. Problem: Installation of SLS with doinstall command

7. problems with telnet/ftp from network

8. va_list & config files

9. AIX 4.3.3 NIS problem w/ telnet,ftp(d)

10. Strange problem with telnet/ftp slowdown - speedup...

11. Curious problem with telnet/ftp

12. Problems with TELNET/FTP/NETSTAT

13. Problems with telnet/FTP Help!