Linux AMD/Autofs/NFS make Solaris2.5 NFS/NIS+ server crash, when using CSSC ...

Linux AMD/Autofs/NFS make Solaris2.5 NFS/NIS+ server crash, when using CSSC ...

Post by Alain Coetmeu » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

to resume:
when we use the SCCS clone called CSSC (it it important),
on our Linux nodes using "amd" and "autofs" automounter
the solaris NIS and NFS server became non functional

detail:
on our network we had
- a big Solaris 2.5 NFS v3/v2 server, exporting many volume that are autmounted
- a Solaris NIS+ running in NIS compatibility mode,
  by the way it exports an auto.home NIS+ table
- many Solaris workstation that automount /home volumes from the servers
  according to local /etc/auto.home file, not the nis table . it also use
  a /net automount directory that contain the hosts on the networks
 and their exported volume

then we added Linux hosts (suse 6.0 and redhat 5.2) with
-amd from redhat 5.2,  or amd from Suse 5.3 for the suse nodes
 it automounts a /net directory that contain the hosts on the networks
 and their exported volume
-autofs that use the auto.master and auto.home NIS table to export.

this works most of the time, but
when I'm using the SCCS clone called CSSC
(maybe because of some lock on NFS ?)
the whole network hang on NFS volumes.

yet NIS and showmount seems OK
all mount do fail. since all is done through
automount I accuse the automounter but
maybe is it the NFS.

is this a known problem?

1. using autofs 3.1.1 and NIS+ with a Solaris NFS server

Hi all

I've being looking at Thorsten Kukuk's NIS+ page and he says that using
autofs 3.1.1 and NIS+ with a Solaris NFS server, crashes the NFS server.
Does this happen all the time? What about newer versions of autofs?

I would be greatful if anyone could enlighten me since I am trying to
replace my NT machine with something faster and better -> Linux, and this
means I've to got make my Linux box use all the network services in our
office that the NT client was using.

Thanks very much

Zubin

2. strange pf behaviours

3. using autofs and nis with sun nis server

4. How do I make X windows look nice on a 14" monitor?

5. nis, nfs, autofs: auto.master, auto.misc, auto.home help please

6. Linux as an ethernet bridge/switch

7. NIS , NFS and autofs

8. serial port 4 problem.

9. NIS, NFS and autofs

10. NFS V3 and NFS V2 on an Ultra with Solaris2.5 ???

11. NIS + NFS + autofs

12. Need info on PC/NFS and Unix NFS servers, server/client ratio

13. linux NFS server problem - can't ls in the NFS mounted directory.