Linux Peer-to-Peer networking problems

Post by Necrosi » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

I am trying to set up a small in house lan using linux.  I have two
etherlink III ethernet cards, which by the way detect fine.  I have set
up everything using "netconfig".  Each computer can ping themselves, but
not the other.  Each computer has an IP address, the proper one  may
I add.  All I want to do with this network is be able to access the
other computers hd via NFS and telnet.   I have read the entire chapter
in "Linux Unleashed" on networking and it is no help.

On one of the systems the internet will be accessed via PPP, ppp works
fine by the way...just not the ethernet.  I know the ethernet is
connected properally b/c it works in windows 98.   Is there some option
I need to set for my computer to be able to use the internet and the
other computer on the ethernet?

If my information is not specific enough I will be glad to supply more.

Thank you

Brent Jackson

PS.  If it would not be too much trouble could all replys be sent to

        thanks again1

1. Peer-to-Peer Network of LINUX Workstations, IS IT POSSIBLE?

IS IT possible to create a PEER-TO-PEER network of Linux Boxes.
(We have 30 systems running in WinNT Domain and want to replace WinOS
with Linux on all the systems.)

And how can I create user accounts, so that any user can logon to any
machine in the lab (roaming profile under NT)? IS IT POSSIBLE in LINUX
to administer User A/c's on a SERVER instead of managing User A/C's
locally on each LINUX BOX.

Detailed help highly appreciated!!!
Thanks!

From :

Trainee Software Engineer,
Daffodil Software (P) Ltd.
<http://www.daffodilwoods.com>

2. X loading times

3. Problems with peer-to-peer networking over ethernet

4. 3480 tape and dd command

5. Peer-to-peer network between a Linux and a DOS

6. Howto/possible? "ping" a known MAC address when uknown IP address?

7. how do I setup a peer-to-peer network with Linux??

8. mac archives

9. _Networking Ques.: Is "Peer-to-Peer" Networking Possible Among Multiple Linux Standalone Machines?

10. how do I install a peer-to-peer network on Linux??

11. Who is the gateway in a 2PC Linux Peer-to-Peer network?

12. Peer-to-peer network: Linux + Win98

13. How can I put a linux machine on a peer-to-peer network