XDM setup with chooser

Post by Luc Lalond » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I've managed to use XDM on my Linux box with a chooser using the command:

/usr/bin/X11/X -indirect scylla.math.mcgill.ca

I put it in my "/etc/rc.d/rc.local" file and I can see all the hosts that
are willing to manage using XDM.  However, I'd like to be able to see my
local host on the chooser also.  I've got RedHat 4.0 installed on my PC
with kernel 2.0.27.

I've fiddled around with my "/etc/inittab" file but couldn't seem to figure
out anything.  I've got my "/usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xaccess" file setup properly.
When I type in:

/usr/bin/X11/X -indirect myhostname

I get the chooser with all the hosts that I want.  I can't seem to figure
out how to get this when I reboot.  I feel I'm pretty close to the solution
though...I would appreciate any help anybody could offer.

Thanks in advance, Luc.