Any freeware NT NFS client out there

Post by Sushant Gargy » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I have nt and linux connected on a lan. I also have nfs server running
on nt. Thus, I'm able to export directories etc. and mount it on the linux
box.

What I would like is to mount linux filesystems on nt machine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Please respond personally since I seldom visit usenet.

Post by Matthia » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I have nt and linux connected on a lan. I also have nfs server running
> on nt. Thus, I'm able to export directories etc. and mount it on the linux
> box.

> What I would like is to mount linux filesystems on nt machine.

> Any help would be appreciated.
> Please respond personally since I seldom visit usenet.

Hi,
why do you use NFS? Use samba!
mfi

Any freeware NT NFS client out there

Post by Steve La » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998 14:07:03 -0400, Sushant Gargya

>What I would like is to mount linux filesystems on nt machine.

    The author of WarFTPD makes a basic NFS client for NT.

Quote:>Please respond personally since I seldom visit usenet.

    You posted here, be courtious enough to read for replies.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my

Any freeware NT NFS client out there

Post by John Goerze » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Yes, but there's a better way: get samba on your Linux machine.  This
way, the Windows machines use normal "Microsoft networking".  This
will let you mount the Linux filesystems on Windows.

Developer, Debian GNU/Linux (Free powerful OS upgrade)       www.debian.org |
Visit the Air Capitol Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org

Post by Dieter & Tanja Krumme » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>What I would like is to mount linux filesystems on nt machine.

This is the real task for 'samba'

- Dieter

1. NT nfs client, NT xwindows client?

Hi,

I have a port to do of a C++ project from NT to Linux. I just installed
RH5.2 (which happens to be lying around here) on a i86 PC and everything
works fine, GCC is already installed, xwindows (XFree86) starts OK, I can
ftp and telnet from my NT machines etc. I have been impressed that
everything installed so smoothly. I have a couple of questions:

(a) I have a problem using my Belkin Omniview switch. When I switch from my
NT machine to my Linux machine (running X) the mouse screws up on Linux. It
seems to be 'caught' in the top right of the screen. I can solve this my
stopping and restarting X but that's a pain everytime you switch from one
machine to the other. Any ideas? It's an MS PS/2 intellimouse and behaves
fine with X until I switch to the NT machine and back.

(b) Does anyone have recommendations for lowish cost NT-based nfs and
xwindows clients?

Regards

Alan Ambrose

2. Empty windows when exiting XfreeRe: control-z

3. Freeware X clients for Win95/NT?

4. Ok then, how do you bring Linux to the desktop?

5. A freeware NFS server for Windows NT/95!

6. Managing news feed...

7. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

8. ntop warnings

9. free NFS client for win95/98/NT

10. ----Where To Find Free NFS Server/Client For NT---

11. Free NFS client/server for Windows NT, 2000 available

12. X server and NFS clients for Windows 95/NT

13. AIX NFS Server: Need secure mount over NT clients