Problems with DHCP on 3C905B NIC in a Del Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

Problems with DHCP on 3C905B NIC in a Del Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

Post by mgilib.. » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
I have a problem trying to have an Dell Optiplex GX1 box with a 3C905B
adapter and Redhat 6.1 get an address from a DHCP server in my network.
After I set up everything, it won't get a address from the network. If
I try to start eth0 manually, I can see by issuing a netstat -nr that
it is really launching a broadcast to the network, but it doesn't go
further. It is incapable of getting an address from the server.
It is a problem with DHCP, because I put in a static IP address and
all the config stuff and eth0 starts correctly (I get connected to the
network). At the same time, the box has also a NT partition with DHCP
that works fine.
I think there must be a problem with the DHCP client. Any suggestion
(I am using kernel 2.2.14).
Thank you so much

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Problem with DHCP and 3C905B NIC on a Dell Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

[...]

2. What is "Child #### died with ff00" ?

3. 3C905B-Tx on Dell OptiPlex Gx1 400Mtbrt

4. 8139too module

5. Redhat 6.1 with 3C905B adapter & DHCP not working

6. HELP wanted with compiling some C code on Linux

7. OptiPlex GX110(+) vs Redhat 6.1?

8. New & need infomation

9. Redhat 6.1 vs OptiPlex GX110(+)

10. Jittering problem ATI Rage Pro/Dell Optiplex GX1

11. Dell Optiplex GX1 Crystal CS4236b Sound Card Problems

12. Problems setting up RedHat5.2 on DELL Optiplex GX1

13. "route del" is not working in Redhat 6.1