setting up PPP to connect to Internet

Post by jhstallwort » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I am running Redhat 6,0.  I configured my /etc/PPP/options file with the
username I use for my ISP.  When I tried to run pppd as root, I got the
following error:

error pppd: In file /etc/ppp/options: too few parameters for option name

Im guessing this is referring to my username in the options file, but I
can tell what parameters it wants. Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

setting up PPP to connect to Internet

Post by Bill Unr » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I am running Redhat 6,0.  I configured my /etc/PPP/options file with the
>username I use for my ISP.  When I tried to run pppd as root, I got the
>following error:
>error pppd: In file /etc/ppp/options: too few parameters for option name
>Im guessing this is referring to my username in the options file, but I
>can tell what parameters it wants. Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Youhave a line which starts with
name
in /etc/ppp/options or on the ppp command line, but do not follow it
with a name. The format is
name bigguy
where bigguy is the name that your system is to be known as in looking
up the pap-secrets of chap-secrets file.