Routing Table

Post by gowentgone2.. » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 15:37:49

Assume that each node is a router that is connected to one network with
a link cost of 0; for example, A is connected to network N1 with a cost
of 0; B to N2 with a cost of 0, etc. The cost between the routers is
shown in the figure.

   A-------3-------C------6------F
   |               |
   |               |
   8               1
   |               |
   |               |
   D-------2------E-------2------B

For the network shown in Figure , suppose the DV tables are all
established and then the link C-E fails. How can we give
   (a) the tables of A, B, D and F after C and E have reported the news
   (b) the tables of A and D after their next mutual exchange
   (c) the table of C after A exchanges with it.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. How Do Routing Table Entries Get Added to Routing Table at Bootup?

I have, what I think, is a simple question for the TCP/IP guys out there
who are familar with routing tables on AIX 4.1.5/4.2.1 in an IBM SP
environment. Or maybe not.

I have recently noticed that when I execute a 'netstat -r' on a
particular node in the SP environment, there are routing table entries
that I know I didn't put in there. I have to delete these "unwelcomed"
entries and re-add the correct ones. This is undesireable and maybe a
quick crash course in routing tables is justified. These unwelcomed
routing table entries seem to be automatically added right after I have
IPL'ed the node in question.

How did these routing table entries get added in the routing table? Does
anybody know the process?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Oleo for SCO unix system V

3. How to set up routing table or gateway tables for ppp?

4. UDMA Hardrive automatically switches to PIO :(

5. building routing tables or listening to OSPF route information?

6. DTC 3290AS users

7. Routing question, how to duplicate route table in new distro?

8. What makes mgetty better then agetty in modem use?

9. Dropping route from route table

10. Removing a network route from the route table

11. pppd not setting up default route in routing table

12. How to delete route entry from routing table

13. RH 5.2: Routing table losing default route/gateway